History, as told by ?
Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States
- Untold History of the United States (E01) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E02) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E03) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E04) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E05) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E06) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E07) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E08) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E09) [59:06]
- Untold History of the United States (E10) [59:06]
- E01: World War II
New series features events that at the time went under reported, but shaped America's history. The first chapter explores the birth of the American Empire by focusing on FDR, Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin.
- E02: Roosevelt, Truman, & Wallace
Historical upset of Harry Truman replacing Henry Wallace as Roosevelt's Vice President. Exploration of the relationship between the US and the Soviet Union and the beginnings of the Cold War.
- E03: The Bomb
The strategies behind the U.S. atomic bombings of Japan are explored as well as the new mythology that emerged from the war. The bombing haunted the Soviets and mistrust towards the Allies grew quickly.
- E04: The Cold War: 1945-1950
The equation changes: specific month-by-month causes of the Cold War emerge and it is not entirely clear who started it.
- E05: The '50s: Eisenhower, The Bomb & The Third World
Eisenhower and John Foster Dulles replace Truman. Stalin dies but relations with the Soviet Union turn colder.
- E06: JFK: To The Brink
JFK and the Bay of Pigs; on the brink of total war during Cuban Missile Crisis; early Vietnam; JFK's attempts at peace with Khrushchev; JFK assassinated.
- E07: Johnson, Nixon & Vietnam: Reversal Of Fortune
Cataclysm in Vietnam as the war reaches a turning point - there's no going back. The betrayal by Richard Nixon.
- E08: Reagan Gorbachev & Third World-Rise of the Right
Carter's dreams of change give way to Ronald Reagan. Gorbachev redeems Reagan and fresh opportunities for peace arise. The debate over Reagan's legacy.
- E09: Bush & Clinton: Squandered Peace-New World Order
George W. Bush's doctrine of endless war in Iraq and Afghanistan and the continued cannibalization of the U.S. economy. Squandered chances given by the end of the Cold War. A new USA, the National Security Fortress.
- E10: Bush & Obama - Age of Terror
The meaning of events up to today. Obama and the destiny of the American Empire.
Interviews with Oliver Stone & Peter Kuznick on their "Untold History of the United States"
- TRNN | When the american vp was progressive. Henry A. Wallace was for the 'common man' and against the cold war (08/03/10) [13:19]
- TRNN | Is there any 'wallace' left in democratic party? Scott Wallace fight to create space for the progressive voice (07/10/10) [9:39]
- TRNN | Peter Kuznick tells the story about how he teamed up with Oliver Stone to challenge a primary thesis of the cold war (12/17/12) [10:24]
- TRNN | Early US Imperialism, Hitler, Roosevelt, The Spanish Civil War - discusses Roosevelt's attitude towards Hitler and the Soviet Union (12/19/12) [15:45]
- TRNN | The Rise and Fall of a Progressive Vice-President of the USA - discusses the '44 Democratic Convention coup that dumped VP Henry A. Wallace, the man who as President would have opposed the cold war (12/21/12) [13:08]
- TRNN | The Coup Against Wallace and What Might Have Been - A Wallace Presidency might have prevented the dropping of nuclear bombs on Japan and prevented the Cold War (01/11/13) [10:09]
- TRNN | Stalin, the Soviet Union and WWII - Dealing with the role of the Soviet Union in WWII was the most sensitive and complicated issue faced by the series (01/14/13) [16:07]
Europe Before WWI - George, Nicholas, Wilhelm: Three Royal Cousins
George, Nicholas, Wilhelm: Three Royal Cousins [48:23]
This documentary has its faults. For a clear account of what really occurred and their lives, I would strongly recommend "George, Nicholas, Whilhelm" by Miranda Carter. A look at the incredible story of Queen Victoria's three first cousins who found themselves at the centre of a family feud and a global war when she died in 1901.